Monday, January 7, 2008

Disneyland



What can I say it was Disneyland. Allie walked in with a dazed look on her face, you would have thought we HAD made all her dreams come true and it was even better than she thought. She kept running into things in the beginning because she wouldn't look away from the castle. She surprized all of us by being a dare devil, she went on every ride she was tall enough for including Space mountain, thunder mt. Pirates, and the toon town roller coaster, but her favorites were the flying elephants and the teacups. This from the child who can't watch any Disney movie except Cinderella without breaking into tears because of fear...strange kid. Liesel enjoyed but took everything with a grain of salt as long as someone (and there were a lot of someones to choose from) to hold her she was happy. She did upon meeting the princesses (she has never seen their movies nor does she know their names) reach and hug them proclaiming "I've missed you". All and all a great visit, which ended a little early due the a the 24 hour flu bug max caught. Oh well it wouldn't be the same if nobody got sick.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I am so jealous you went to Disneyland! I am totally trying to convince Ryan it needs to be our next vacation (even though the purpose of a 'next vacation' is to ditch the twins). Wow, how fun your "princesses" are old enough to enjoy it, and even Max! Though I'm surprised at how much Allie really did enjoy it given her past history with certain movies. Maybe Disneyland really does bring out the daredevil in all of us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the magic of the moment with us. I wish we could have been there and seen their faces as they rubbed elbows with real, live, princess!
love,
Mom

Lonna said...

For a second I thought that the princesses were fake, you know just to pose with. I didn't realize that you had tracked down more than one at the same time. It really is a magical place. I love that Leisel missed the princesses that is funny.

I had to do a double take at the picture with Emily, I forgot that she was your in-law. How fun. I am glad that all was well in the park, and sorry to hear that everyone ended up sick. typical.