Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Adventures




After many, many night of hearing the girls didn't go to sleep because Liesel wouldn't stop talking, we thought bunk beds might be the answer. Todd bought these beautiful beds and he and I put them together. (Garrett was sick and asleep) Jodie tracked down the mattresses and tada! Practically a new room. This was so exciting we hardly saw the kids on Sat. they played all day on the beds, of course after Max threw Liesel off the top bunk and Liesel punched Max in the nose causing a bloody mess EVERYWHERE, we had to make a new rule. Nobody gets to play on the beds and only Allie may get on the ladder and then only to get to bed at night. Now if we could just get Liesel to sleep in her own bed I think this would be successful. The other pictures is just a moment of dress-up fun.

6 comments:

Syl said...

Beautiful beds! I love the dress up picture! It took me a minute to recognize Max! He has gotten so tall!

Ghkk said...

Same here, I didn't recognize Max at first, I think the hat threw me off! Cute pictures!

lani said...

Bunk beds are the best! At least my kids think they are the perfect jungle gym/play place. Our bedrooms are upstairs, and I always hear the lights rattling when the kids are jumping off the bunk beds. I'm just waiting for our first broken leg/arm...

Becky said...

I always loved playing on bunk beds! That is a fun new addition to the room. Has it worked for getting them to sleep?

Anonymous said...

I am impressed you put the beds together..you've got skills ;) Your kids are so dang cute!!! Love, Kay Dee

Lonna said...

I think that if we got bunk beds that our already frequent trips to the ER would increase. I do however love that your kids were in a fist fight,and that there was actually some real intense action going on. Not so happy for you having to clean it up, I know how that goes, but I think that I would be getting ready to put Leisel into some crime fighting class.

Speaking of Leisel I love that face that she is pulling in the last dress up photo. So not amused.
And as for Max, well he has got some great legs, and shows off the dance slippers like a pro, but keeps it on the guy side with the snake. Classic, I think that is such a funny picture. So glad you put that one up it totally made my day.

You do realize that picture is going to be my own kids in a mere months. I guess what I have to say to that is bring it on, slippers and all.