I have been informed by a higher authority it is time to update my blog. Won't she be surprised that it was done right after she told me to do it. I have been trying to think about what we have been up to, and I can't remember anything past this last week so that is what I'll talk about. My mom and dad got to visit for a couple of days last week during their spring break. We had so much fun eating our way around Amarillo! While they were here we moved the beast. As you know we have been remodeling our library and we decided to make the piano's new home the living room instead but after calling moving companies we found out it was going to be $200 to move the piano from one room to the other. After that, we decided the piano was just fine where it was. Dad of course said "We can move that, not a problem" And we did, so my living room now has in it, 2 eight foot couches, 1 leather couch, 1 large leather recliner, 1 piano, 1 ottoman, 1 cuddle chair , 1 rocking chair and a large bookcase and we STILL haven't filled it up!!
The other thing I have been doing is jewelry making. I have a friend who told me she made jewelry and it was all stuff I would have bought so I asked her to teach me how. Perhaps I should mention I tried to learn it from a book and failed miserably. You ask why did I want to make jewelry? I have a secret....fat ankles! I know it's shameful but it is true, I have fat ankles and I love anklets and can't find any that fit, so I thought I would just make them. I will say it has caused confusion in my house because they kids necklaces (little scrawny necks) and my anklets are around the same size. I'm sad to say I have also (so much self discovery) found out I have no taste for designing. I knew there was a reason I wasn't a fashion plate (other than then the fact that I'm fat) but it turns out I have no skills in design. sigh another dream goes up in dust...But there is hope to this sad story, Allie does seem to have some skills in this area and so all the examples you see above are designed by Allie or my mom during her visit. See I told you it ended well.
3 comments:
This comment is from a proud Mother who was minded by her daughter. Thanks for updating Jen! We loved visiting you and I love my earrings and bracelet...thank you again for making our visit so fun!
Wow your living room is VAST!!! and sooo beautiful. Also I am going to be needing some jewelry for my fat ankles...actually as we all know I don't have an ankle just a leg with a foot attached. You are so freaking talented! the end.
-Kay Dee
P. S. I love you
I love the jewelry! You are going to have to tell me how to do it. I have the beads, and some other supplies, but I don't know how to put it together correctly.
Your living room is HUGE!!
Post a Comment