Friday, March 19, 2010
Fire in the hole!
The kids have mastered a new talent, they learned how to use the....Microwave! I couldn't be more happy, now instead of Mom I'm hungry, it's Mom can I heat up a pizza? does it get better than that? It was great until yesterday, Liesel asked if she to could learn this new and great thing and I said o.k. but before you press start have Allie or Mommy check it. She was successful, and it might have gone to her head just a wee bit because then unknown to anyone but Liesel, Max asked her to make him a pizza and she did it without it being checked. I was sitting in another room and smelled something strange but thought it was coming from outside, then Liesel comes up and says "Mom, I made a mistake making a pizza" I come into the kitchen to find the Microwave billowing smoke and reading it has 10 minutes left to cook the is a very black pizza like flat coal which I rush outside. But now my entire house smells of burning smoke, my new, did I mention it was new?, microwave is toast and I now know my fire alarms don't work because not one went off. So if anyone has any great tips for fumigating my house it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh no! that is horrible. I am afraid I have no tips. I wish I did.
It is a great thing getting our kids to fend for themselves. I also have my 6 year old making bagel Bite Pizzas in the oven, but hadn't thought of the prospect of messing up the timer. Thanks for the warning.
My kids can't even get the fridge door open at this stage, what am I going to do when they can climb and master the microwave?
I think that is really funny that she said that she made a mistake. I think that at our house the difference would have been Gwen running to a different room pretending that she didn't just blow up half the kitchen.
I am not one for great tips, but if you find something that works for getting smokey smells out let me know. ( for my own personal cooking blunders)
LOL! Are there recommended ages for using microwaves?
Post a Comment