Sunday, April 25, 2010
Oh we're on our way!
Sorry I have been very remiss at keeping up my blog (and I can't find the cord to my camera) but stress doesn't even begin to explain my last month or so. We decided to move, decided we better fix all the things that we hadn't fixed earlier because we were renting (right?), decided to decorate in hopes of convincing someone to buy our house, decided we had to start talking to people at church in hopes of spreading the word in hopes of convincing someone...., then after killing myself and I do mean killing myself, my arms still aren't talking to me, some friends of my father-in-law (who are in my ward by the way) are buying it! Unfortunately he is a house painter and I was told after I painted more than half the house that he was going to repaint it anyway. AARRGGHHH! Why oh why couldn't they have come the week before?! Either way it is sold and we are pre-approved for a loan for a new house so we are going to to Amarillo the first week of May were we WILL find house we can live in and if we love it also all the better. But Garrett's first day of work will be the 1st of June where the kids and I will probably be settled very nicely in a hotel while waiting for Escrow to close. So there is my life in a nutshell, if you try and talk to me you will probably notice the glazed look in eye just talk a little louder and say my name a lot I"m trying to be several places at once and packing our lives in a practice run in my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations on finding your head long enough to update your blog! also that is such great news your house has sold! Congratulations are in order again!
Congratulations! I'm so glad it's all working out so well. With the exception of the extra painting. I hate painting, too. I'm so excited for you guys. Give me a call when you have a chance. I wish I could help you pack, I have LOTS of practice.
Yeah, I see that glazed look every time I call...oh wait..
You know, moving definitely has its stresses but I love it! I am excited for our move in July. If you don't enjoy it, just take over Ellie for a bit and I will get you all settled in.
Jen, this is Jane Balls and I just want you to know that we lived in Amarillo and loved it. There are some of the most wonderful and friendly people there. I would move back in a minute!! That is where Steve was first called as a Bishop! I wish you all the best and hope you find a home and wonderful new friends as we did! You just have to learn to love the wind!!!!!!
Hang in there! Just think -- a whole new place to explore. What fun. Packing and cleaning, not so much fun. At least the cleaning part for sure. I hope you've gotten rid of a lot of stuff by giving it to Goodwill. It's nice to get rid of junk when you move, right? Anyways, we'll chat soon. Don't go crazy!
Congrats on selling so quickly, though painting and having it be for naught is my worst nightmare! (I know that because we've done it several times with the wrong color!)
We will love having you in Amarillo within reasonable driving distance~ and if you decide you like it you know there's more Texas where that came from in Austin. :) At least more cousins...
Good luck with the move, oh my the thought of moving with my 3+ kids makes me glazed over myself. I love the 'practice run in my head' line, I will have to remember that. You are always so witty and true to life. :)
Post a Comment