
Well, it doesn't seem real to me yet but we have a contract on a home in Amarillo Texas. It is located in Sleepy Hollow which was the place you built if you had money in the early 80's. The house needs lots of updating but has a new 50 year roof and new double pane windows. The inspector looked at it today and said that all looks good and that it is very well built.

This is Max in the dining room, soon to be library.

This is the only living area which will be the family room. There are French doors on either side of the fireplace. The room measures 24x30 feet and the wood walls make me want to buy a smoking jacket just so I can sit in there. Oh, and that is the owner asleep on the couch... Dont ask.

Fireplace

This is Debby our Realtor, Max and myself in the cool 1980's checker wallpaper kitchen.

The other half of the kitchen and the property inspector.

The eating area in the kitchen with door to side patio where there will be many BBQ's to come.

Master Bed with door to same patio as above.

More of the Master

Master Bath.. There is a tub hiding in there somewhere... oh it is on the other side of the mirror behind the sink with the toilet.

Hall Bath



Bedrooms 2,3 and 4 above. Each measures 12x15.

Laundry

Front

Side yard off of patio

Side Patio

Back Patio

Back Yard from back patio.




10 comments:
Your house is wonderful!! It's so Texas! I miss the brick...very estate like. Congrats on having a laundry room inside the house:>. The great room looks enormous, and I think the wood walls are fun. Megan likes the hall bath wallpaper.
I love the stripe wallpaper...I really like the outside. Yay! you found a house!
you have to leave the checkered wallpaper and get you phone number changed to 657-4309. (Think about the numbers and you'll know why)
David
sorry 867-5309
I'm excited for you! What a fun house! When do you leave? (Once you get back, of course.) Are you stopping in Utah on your way out?
How was it being on House Hunters?
So nice!! Congrats! It looks huge -- I'm jealous. I thought you said there was no vegetation there? It looks like a nice, lush yard. Can't wait to visit in person.
That looks like a very nice sized laundry room, I am a little jealous. Hooray for your victory in finding a house so quickly. Are there many for sale there?
It seems that you and the kids will be arriving just in the nick of time for summer heat, I think that whatever hotel you stay in best be sporting a pool.
I have to say that the family that you are buying from seems pretty laid back, maybe it is because someone is sleeping on the couch while the home is being shown? Interesting. Looks like a cute little neighborhood, and only a mere 8ish hours from family, sounds good to me.
Ok. I have been in denial for too long and now you are leaving in like two weeks. :-( Seeing your pretty new house made it all too real to me, that YOU'RE LEAVING!!!!! I am excited for you guys, really I am! I am just sad for me. Will you please call me when you have a free moment and we will go on one last walk? I am going to miss you so much.
Congratulations on the house! :-) It really is a beauty! Looks huge!
Wow!!! So exciting Jenn! The house is beautiful. I too miss the brick houses of Texas! It really is gorgeous. Sounds like you are having your own bit of fun and adventure for 2010!!!
ohhh Jenn it is sooo beautiful. I love the brick and the wide open spaces inside and out!! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to come and see you in this fantastic home. Love you!!! Kay Dee
Post a Comment