Last week....or maybe it was the week before Grandma Jodie came to visit it for a week. It was so great to see her, we had missed her bad since we have moved. I'm afraid I didn't actually get any pictures of Grandma but I did get one of the projects she did with the kids. They were besides themselves not only did Grandma sit down and do weeks worth of homework with them (not late, forward)but she let a different kid sleep next to her every night. I had a college friend and her children here at the same time and I started new medicine that same week. What can I say timing has never been my strong point. Regardless of how many people were in our house (I know I can hardly believe I just typed that either) we had a lot of fun, going to the botanical or mechanical garden as my kids call it, Palo Duro Canyon, and Cadillac Ranch just to name of few. These are pictures of a haunted gingerbread house. It took a good while to make and as you can see VERY little time for my kids to eat! It was hard to let her go back to California, not only did we go Goodwill shopping and like it but I miss the fairy that kept doing the dishes and laundry (I did try and stop her, not hard but I did) before I could get to it. We just hope she enjoyed it as much as we did!
Monday, October 18, 2010
Grandma's visit
Last week....or maybe it was the week before Grandma Jodie came to visit it for a week. It was so great to see her, we had missed her bad since we have moved. I'm afraid I didn't actually get any pictures of Grandma but I did get one of the projects she did with the kids. They were besides themselves not only did Grandma sit down and do weeks worth of homework with them (not late, forward)but she let a different kid sleep next to her every night. I had a college friend and her children here at the same time and I started new medicine that same week. What can I say timing has never been my strong point. Regardless of how many people were in our house (I know I can hardly believe I just typed that either) we had a lot of fun, going to the botanical or mechanical garden as my kids call it, Palo Duro Canyon, and Cadillac Ranch just to name of few. These are pictures of a haunted gingerbread house. It took a good while to make and as you can see VERY little time for my kids to eat! It was hard to let her go back to California, not only did we go Goodwill shopping and like it but I miss the fairy that kept doing the dishes and laundry (I did try and stop her, not hard but I did) before I could get to it. We just hope she enjoyed it as much as we did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a cute gingerbread house. I am glad you had a great visit!
its grandma jodie and yes i had fun taking off my mommy hat and putting on my granma hat. i had a ball trying to fit months of fun into just one week. it was great playing and sleeping with the smartest most beautiful grandchildren in the world!
That's funny you don't have pictures of Grandma, even I do... What? She was nice, and she helped out with Sophie's costume, too. Thank you, Jodie!
Post a Comment