O.k. so it was last month but have just downloaded the pictures from my camera after searching high and low for the camera and then for the cord. But I digress, anyway so I was in line to pick up Allie from school and it started to rain, then rain really had, then hail, then hail really hard ( I thought it was going to break a window in my car) then hail got bigger and bigger until it was ping pong ball size. After this point I finally got Allie and got home through the flooded streets to find our streets disappearing. I have never seen anything like it before, one min. it was fine and the next my sidewalks had disappeared and there were 3 I exaggerate not, minivans stuck in front of the house, on the lawn and on my driveway. The one on the lawn had actually drifted over the retaining wall and onto the lawn. The lady stuck on the driveway had two kids with her and we invited them in for the duration of the storm. It turned to be one of Liesel's classmates! Anyway these pictures are early on in the storm , it looks like road but is water. The water got past the sidewalk and was in the middle of the island in the end. I told Garrett not to come home, my Armada had problems getting around, I knew his little chitty wouldn't make it. He was stuck on the freeway for quite some time, his normal commute of 10 to 15 min. turned into 1 1/2 hours. It came quickly and left quickly, we found out after it had rained 4 inches between 1 to 2 hours. Apparently we are the low spot in the city, and we wondered why our house was so high up....
Monday, October 18, 2010
Storm
O.k. so it was last month but have just downloaded the pictures from my camera after searching high and low for the camera and then for the cord. But I digress, anyway so I was in line to pick up Allie from school and it started to rain, then rain really had, then hail, then hail really hard ( I thought it was going to break a window in my car) then hail got bigger and bigger until it was ping pong ball size. After this point I finally got Allie and got home through the flooded streets to find our streets disappearing. I have never seen anything like it before, one min. it was fine and the next my sidewalks had disappeared and there were 3 I exaggerate not, minivans stuck in front of the house, on the lawn and on my driveway. The one on the lawn had actually drifted over the retaining wall and onto the lawn. The lady stuck on the driveway had two kids with her and we invited them in for the duration of the storm. It turned to be one of Liesel's classmates! Anyway these pictures are early on in the storm , it looks like road but is water. The water got past the sidewalk and was in the middle of the island in the end. I told Garrett not to come home, my Armada had problems getting around, I knew his little chitty wouldn't make it. He was stuck on the freeway for quite some time, his normal commute of 10 to 15 min. turned into 1 1/2 hours. It came quickly and left quickly, we found out after it had rained 4 inches between 1 to 2 hours. Apparently we are the low spot in the city, and we wondered why our house was so high up....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad you outlasted the storm and didn't get washed or pummeled away!
Hmmm...good way to meet people, right?
Post a Comment