Monday, November 22, 2010

Dad

Happy 58th Birthday Dad! Thank you so much for being a great Dad and Poppa! You have spent so much of your time on me. I learned how to play from you (and get in trouble for it), I learned what I was looking for in a Husband from you (How much just like you I didn't realize till after), I learned how to teach my own children from watching you teach us and in particular me. You have spent so much time helping with my education, my degrees are definitely just as much yours as they are mine. I learned to be flexible from you, if I'm doing something wrong it's never to late to change. I learned I can learn to do anything (even math if your willing to wait that long) because you taught yourself how to do countless things. For years when I called home it was to talk to Mom but now it's just as likely I'll ask for you, I have enjoyed talking you about everything and learning more about you as a person. I love you Dad!

3 comments:

Syl said...

thats nice, Jen! a touching tribute!

Brent said...

Thanks, Jen. I really appreciate the thoughts (not sure about the picture!).

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Funny, I talk to my Dad for hours now, when it used to only be my mom. It must come with age for daughters. Theirs or ours or both, I don't know.