Garrett
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
The Flamingos
It may not be common knowledge but I am the 11 year old scoutmaster for 2 wards/ Troops here in Amarillo. Today one of the boys asked me why we didn't have a patrol name, yell, or flag. I agreed that we did need to choose one. My mind floated back to when I was 11 years old. I remembered the arguments we had at the time. I don't remember the result but I do remember the types of animals that we argued over at the time. The Scorpions, The Hyenas, The Wolverines, The King Cobras and so on. Well, I have determined that the kids now a days are quite different than we were. They aren't quite as focused on being cool as I was. These are the suggestions they threw out... The Camels, The Flying Squirrels, The Flamingos, The Penguins... and it just got worse. Hopefully next week they will decide on one for sure, but I think they are leaning towards Camel because of the hock-a-lougey yell potential.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice...classic boy I'd imagine.
When I was Patrol Leader, we became the Skunk patrol. My mom, very talented at such things, made us really cool patches for our uniforms.
Another time we became the 8 Ball Patrol.
Maybe it isn't about being cool as much as it is being unique!
Good luck,
Brent
I think the "flaming flamingos" would be a unique patrol! Have fun Garrett!
Post a Comment