Tuesday, February 12, 2008

new project




"A new project?" you say? Yes another one, and no the last one is not complete but we like to spread ourselves as thinly as possible. With part of our tax return we decided to tile the family room and living room. We have started tearing up the carpet in the living room and will do one room at a time. You can kind of see what our tile looks like the yellow background doesn't help. It is more brown with gold highlights but it's beautiful and we are very, very exicited. It will make such a difference during the summer and we will freeze our buns off in the winter. Oh well sometimes the price of beauty is a big one.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

There is something about owning a home that makes you a project addict. Ryan and I always seemed to be moving from one project to the next with little or no down time. I like the tile-definitely will keep the house cooler. Our wood floors did that exact thing. Who cares about winter anyway. Maybe you can just roll out the carpet again.

Syl said...

I love the tile! It is such a pretty shade of brown/sienna. Good luck with the project! What is life without a project in the wishing and a project in the end stages and a project in the beginning.

Syl said...

I love your tile!

love, dad

Becky said...

You guys are crazy! I think it will look great but it makes me tired just thinking about all that work!

Lonna said...

I am totally with Becky!! Lunatics. I have heard stories of tiling and I am scared out of my mind to even attempt it. Yet you are going to tackle not just one but two massive rooms. I wish you all the best. I know that with the way Gwen throws herself about we better stick to carpet for awhile or it will be stitches for us. Congrats on the new project and good luck.

Lonna said...

Oh I also wanted to tell you that if you need any help while you are taking on these tasks, we are too far away and busy on those days.