Thursday, July 9, 2009

Catch up
















So after the chaos of the last month, I decided I wasn't going to do anything so these pictures are of us doing nothing except...playing in the mud, creating games for Liesel's Circus birthday party (Grandma Jodie knows a real clown) Liesel's actual birthday which was yesterday and I threw in the garden that is trying to take over the world. I think it is going to succed too. You can't see it from this picture but there are chair underneath the plants. The kids brought chairs over so they could watch the plant grow and they did grow, right over the top of the chairs. These plants are headed for the fruit tree and I have to say I think the pumpkins will win.


On another note, when it became obvious that Utah wasn't going to happen, Garrett got a hotel room at the beach, made arrangements for babysitting and took me for a overnight escape

just the two of us. I can't say enough, it was incredible I came back calm and ready to take on the world (not the same one the garden is taking over) which was good because our first day back Liesel spent the morning throwing up on everything. In the picture you can see the present we brought back for the kids. Hermit Crabs! It has entertained them for hours (them being Garrett and the kids) Does it get better than that? I don't think so.

4 comments:

Becky said...

How nice to have a break!!! That was so great of Garrett to do that!

Syl said...

Your garden looks great! Garrett did really well with your romantic getaway! Yeah Garrett! Happy birthday Garrett! We are grateful to have you in our family!

Leslie said...

Love those lazy summer days! Jen I am with you-easily overwhelmed by 3 kids, summer heat and ESPECIALLY, large crowds ok make that small crowds. I love that all we need is some good hibernation oh and an overnight escape? What a clever plan Garrett. I don't think the word calm is in my vocabulary anymore...
And can you send some of those Hermit Crabs our way?

Anonymous said...

What a good idea Garrett had, you guys should do that at least once a month! Have you given the Hermit Crabs some names? Love you! Miss you! -Kay Dee