Monday, January 5, 2009

A Treat for ME!




Yeah, here's to something for MOM! Yep that's right instead of spending my personal money on bills, food, or something needed for the household I bought myself shoes! And an Ottoman! I have to put my feet on something when sitting...now the story of the shoes. Have any of you seen the King of the Hill episode where Peggy Hill has to go to a store that caters to men in drag to get shoes?? That is exactly what I felt like. Because I not only have my fathers feet (which look fine on him but not so fine on me) but had 3 children and with each one my feet got puffier and puffier I now wear a size 11 shoes. Not only that but an 11 wide. They don't make that size anywhere so I have mostly men's shoes in my closet and sandals for Sunday. But frankly my toes are freezing off, so I wanted one pair of girl shoes. 2 large stores later I was told the only way to get size 11 shoes were to special order them with no chance to try them on first. Then I found 1 pair in the clearance area. I think Heavenly Father put them there for me because not only did they fit but they were the right color and style for what I needed. So now I own a pair of woman shoes and I have a Ottoman to put them on!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! You were really lucky that that was the pair to fit! They are so cute! Congratulations on papering yourself.

Anonymous said...

I love the both of them. :-)

Elann

Leslie said...

Oh I am so proud of you for fighting off our motherly urge to spend personal money on bills or kids, basically anything but ourselves!
And on shoes, nonetheless, I must say that is a wise choice.
I love them and I think they are a classic style that will last for years! The ottoman is a find too. I do love to hear about shopping expeditions with a happy ending. :)

Syl said...

Your shoes are SO cute! congratulations on your 'finds'!

Anonymous said...

Really Really cute shoes and ottoman!!! I think you need to take a picture with your foot in the shoe, so I can tell for sure what it looks like. I am serious!
-Kay Dee

lani said...

Yeah!! I loved reading about your shoes and ottoman--and love them both! You've just gotta do something for yourself every now and then--good for you!

Lonna said...

I am so proud of you for biting the bullet and hunting down a pair of shoes that you wanted. Listen if you are looking for another pair of shoes you might not want to go shopping with Leslie and myself, we tend to end up buying the same things...yep even if we are looking for different things. I think that you might have ended up with avocado color flats and some white pumas.

Congrats on splurging on YOU!!! You do deserve it.