Monday, April 21, 2008

Buttercup

I'm am sitting listening to kids play in the backyard. They seem to have a whole world in their minds. I just don't know how the other kids seem to mesh with each others thoughts so well. I assume I had the talent as a child but alas and alack I have lost it with my childhood. They are making butter cups. I asked if they knew what buttercups were and Allie wanted to know why I wanted to know "was is becuase it was a bad word"? Later I hear Allie tell Liesel they made their buttercups wrong it has come out cereal. Liesel then replies "I followed the recipe." Allie who is "in charge" says "we'll just have to try it again, we must have our buttercups." I have no idea where they even heard the word buttercup.

On a different moment they were digging in the dirt hill when they found a treasure. Much excitement and yelling hurray had them running to me with their hard earned treasure. It was a kitchen spoon I gave max to play with yesterday. I didn't try to tell them, they were so exicited at the thought of a treasure that had probably been there for a very,very long time. One mans spoon is another child's treasure...

5 comments:

Becky said...

You know, it is the stories you share about your kids that gives me hope that there are funny moments to being a mom and it isn't all bad. Thanks.

Syl said...

I love this story about your children. Lots of treasures can be found in the dirt! even new treasures.

Lonna said...

I am glad that you clarified that buttercups is not a bad word, where do kids get this stuff? I love it. And I love that they pretend so well. You must be laughing all the time. Sometimes when James and I are falling asleep we start repeating some of the funny and random things that Gwen comes up with and by the end we are belly laughing. I just love kids. Thanks for sharing these fun moments.

Kerry said...

I used to create "mud pies" out of (you guessed it) mud... and I thought you could actually eat them... I'd line them up neatly in a row and then ask my friends and family if they wanted to buy them.

Kerry said...

Sorry, another comment. I put pictures of my rose bushes on my blog. I wanted you to see how much you saved them! Thank you, thank you!