Monday, June 16, 2008

Remember when...


I don't know about you but I remember being able to cram myself into the most impossible spaces for hide and go seek and have amazed family members even now with the seemingly impossible hiding places I have made fit but Garrett wins the remember when award. We were playing yet another game of hide and go seek, it was Liesel turn and she just couldn't' find Daddy, so we all looked...this is what we found. After I finished wiping my eyes from laughing I started again when Garrett told me he watched Liesel come in and look around and in the closet all without noticing the half of body sticking out. Garrett just kept saying "I used to fit under here" I can understand (o.k. not really) not noticing the legs because you know he is wearing camouflage but the whole crib goes up and down every time he breathes!

6 comments:

Rebecca Baca said...

You guys are the greatest! I always know where to go when I need a good laugh! Love Ya!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

That is such a funny picture! What a great Dad & Mom to play hide and go seek. Very creative of Garrett! It outshines Dad's towel rack!
love,
Mom

Lonna said...

That is so great that she walked past him a few times. Who would notice only half a body anyways?

One time we too were playing hide and seek and Gwen couldn't find James. I was really surprised that she kept wandering around asking where daddy was. I took a peek in her room and James was sitting on her bed with only a little blanket over his head. (same thing, bottom half of body totally in plain sight, and he was chuckling) What silly kids.

I love that the crib was moving as Garrett was breathing. So funny.

Leslie said...

Funniest post ever, mostly because I too can see my kids doing that! The camouflage did throw a wrench in things, in Liesel's defense...:)
I can't tell you how many times a day I have a frantic child come tell me her blanket/toy/sometimes sister, is lost and have it be in plain sight. Even then it takes a good ten minutes of me pointing to it because I'm not going to get up to retrieve it. Classic.

Kerry said...

Jen, it's too late for my poor, poor rose bushes. I looked out into the yard today and almost screamed. Ryan did quite the "hacking" job on them. I'm pretty sure their going to die... I'm so sad! He didn't tell me he was going to take matters into his own hands. I will have to get you over soon so you can give me a verdict. Ryan is naughty.

Stacey said...

Good thing for those camo pants. They really made him hard to find! Thanks for this post. I needed a good laugh. Hey...WANNA COME PLAY SOON?? We are somewhat settled in and Jonas and I miss all of our Boswell pals. Let's make it soon.