Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Allie


I thought I would share just a few of the things that I love about Allie. She is a joy to be around. She has a sense of humor and will laugh and chuckle to herself about something that has tickled her sense of humor for days. She constantly amazes us with her thought process, for example: we were on our way to pay our rent to grandpa when she asked if it cost money to go to the beach, when I said yes she said that must be why we are giving grandpa money, he spent all his at the beach so he asked us for more! She remembers everything! I mean everything, if you mention something or explain something even years ago she will come up out of the blue and explain it to and tell you you told it to her awhile ago. I love to listen to her sing, which she does all day and to my constant confusion and amazement she makes up songs that make sense! The tune sounds good and the words go together (I have no idea how she does that) She is in such a hurry to grow up and do the things her aunt Lindsey does but at the same time will spend hours playing with Liesel. She is alway concerned about everyone else. Liesel eats her special candy in about 2 sec. and everytime Allie shares her candy because she doesnt' want Liesel to not have any. When Liesel cracked her head, Garrett and I ran around like chickens with our head cut off and Allie immediatly went down next to Liesel and stroked her head and said, "It's o.k. baby". I love that she takes the things she sees on T.V. and uses them throughout her day. I'll walk by and hear her talking to Liesel "Do you remember when T-bone took something that wasn't his?"
Anyway as you can tell I can keep going for awhile but I will end I don't want to sound lto much like one of those Christmas Family Letters. This is more for me, so I can go and review when I can't take another moment of children or constant talking. If you have something special about Allie you remember please do tell, I will read them to Allie as they come along. Stay tuned for Liesel...

5 comments:

Syl said...

I loved hearing about Allie. Allie was the first grandbaby to spend her first night on earth on my chest and in fact her first 5 nights were spent on my chest and I loved it. I really enjoyed watching Winnie the Pooh with Allie and have her laughing when Pooh got stuck in the rabbit hole. It was so fun to laugh with her and have her understand the funny parts.

Brent said...

I love to do jigsaw puzzles with Allie. Since the earliest she could pick up a puzzle piece, she always seemed to be able to see where it went. Now she does our big floor puzzles with Liesel and is so patient (most of the time) with her.
I love to sing songs with her. What an ear for music she has!

Becky said...

Well I have lots of fun memories of Allie, especially from the time I lived there. I have 2 stories. 1-Allie was unpredictable. One day she would like me and the next day she wouldn't. However, one day I came home from a long day at work and as soon as I walked in she yelled "Bobby!!!!" and ran up to me and hugged me and was so happy to see me. I loved it!!
2-I had broken up with Curtis and told Jen. I started crying and while Jen was hugging me, Allie came up and patted me and said "Poor Bobby." Of course that made us crack up and I couldn't be sad anymore.

Stacey said...

She's a sweet girl. Love your tribute post to her. What a good read.

Gotta love those huge exercise balls.

Lonna said...

What a great way to hear and remember things about such a darling girl. I think that Allie is the most mature and clever kid that I know. I am always looking forward to hearing the things that she comes up with.

And what a great sister. I wish that I had one of those. In times when I could learn a lesson or two from Clifford and friends.