This is probably the hardest spotlight to write because I have so much to say but I don't want to go over the top. I thought long and hard about this and decided I would just put up a few things not commonly known Garrett instead of a whole letter of mush no one except us would want to see. So the first thing is Garrett loves BABIES! Yep beneath the glare and gruff exterior is a man whole loves to hold babies, not even just his own, all babies! During our vacation everytime I looked over he had David's baby in his arms. That was one of the first things I noticed about him, I walked into church and found him on the couch holding someone in the wards baby. I thought that was so cute it stuck with me before I even knew who he was.
Second he loves to cook. I know, your asking, if he likes to cook so much why do you make dinner everynight? He only cooks on Sunday when he's feeling creative. Once he's made something he has no interest in making it again. Me neither.
Garrett is a pillow talker. Yep, he will go all day and not say a word but turn the lights out and wait for me to get drowsy and the man will talk forever. I've tried to pull out what happens during his day when he gets home but everything I know about him has come from the pillow. (hehehe)
Last but not least he always takes turns when it's time to fall apart or be really, really stressed. He not only provides the shoulder when I can't take it anymore, he will on occasion donate his turn when I need it. (what a gentleman) O.k. prepare for the mush...I thank Heavenly Father everyday for Garrett, I don't think I could have lived with anyone else for this long (ask my old roommates or family) He is mine and I am his. He is my best friend, and if told I could spent the whole day with one person dead or alive I would choose him. I love that I'm the one in the dark, on the pillow next to his. Iwaited a long time for someone as great as him and he was worth waiting for!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jen! I am so in love with your family posts! I am so happy for you. I wish more people remembered to think of their spouse and kids the way that you all think of each other!
Smooches, Rebecca
That was perfect Jen! I love those things about Garrett and some of the things I didn't even know. Dad & I also thank Heavenly Father every day for Garrett....you were meant for each other.
Garrett cook? Did I know that? I am shocked. I was also shocked when I saw him continuously holding Cassidy. Looks like Garrett is hiding many interesting facts from us all!
Enough with the tears! You have got to stop making me cry!
love, Linda :)
Post a Comment