Thursday, November 6, 2008

Best Friends

I got to talk to my best girl friend yesterday. You know the one I'm talking about, most of us have one. That friend that no matter how long it's been that you've talked to them you just pick up where you left off, and it doesn't matter how much your lives have changed or if they went in different directions you still have hours of nothing to talk about. My best girl friend is KayDee Johansen (She says KayDee, it's really Kay (I asked her mom)) I met her in 7th grade and we have been friends ever since. Garrett never asks who I've been talking to when I'm on the phone with her as it's just one big laugh. She's the one that went to the drive in theater with me getting in with bags of pennies. She's the one the dragged me toward my secret crush in a misguided effort to get his attention. She's the one that will never forget that at some point in our long history together she cleaned up dog vomit for me (you don't want to know) She's the one that I have such a long list of inside jokes with nobody else understands our conversation. She's been with me all through high school (except the for Jr. year where she abandoned me which I will never forgive or forget) and college. She's been with me through the mental breakdowns and the extreme highs (if you give me a min. I'm sure I can come up with at least one high, why bother) I have always admired her incredible talent in writing and am her biggest fan. I have been collecting her autographs for years, someday they are going to put my kids through college. She is beautiful with pale skin and the most incredible hair, red and curly. She is everything I'm not, what a great foil. (I think of 2 people that will understand that comment one of them being her) I'm sorry for anyone that doesn't know her. Here's to friends! Here's to KayDee!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that made me cry, I think I am going to feel all warm and fuzzy for the rest of my life :) Just so you know I have been grateful for your friendship every day!!! Here's to you my BFF! Love you! -Kay Dee (p.s. my mom doesn't know what she is talking about)

Becky said...

Yeah, I have always liked Kay Dee. She has one of those personalities that you can't help but like.

Syl said...

KayDee is special to me too! I am so glad you have a great BF. I love her laugh, I love her kindness! She is treasure!

Lonna said...

You can't go wrong with a friend like that. I think that everyone needs at least one person that has carried them through something embarrassing in their lives. I have a friend that reminds me so much of the way you describe your KayDee. We have a lot of hit and miss phone messages, and our actual conversations are truly about nothing, but I never laugh as hard as I do when talking to her.

Thank goodness for friends. I think that I need to make a phone call now.

Anonymous said...

I miss the beautiful and talented Kaydee! (I have to go with what she says - it's her name.)

Here's to KayDee!