As every Daddy knows a little girl is the most dangerous thing for their spare time. Examples are countless but one of my favorites being when Becky asked my dad if he wanted to be in her club. Of course he said yes and then the words came "Oh good, you can be vice president, your in charge of making a club house." That club house stood in the side yard for more than 10 years. Well the "Daddy" moment in our house has been going on for months and who knows how much money later. It started when Allie was watching Dora the Explorer she got a look in her eye and then it came out. "Daddy will you make me a go-cart?" This was a dangerous thing to ask a Boswell Man. A fun item that only daddy can make that will involve engines, welding and speed? Of course he said "yeah baby!"So here is beginning you can't see it but Garrett is trying to figure out where to put the engine so he can drive it also. I can see the question in your mind, what about all the projects he is in the middle of for you? I'm not as cute as Allie and every mother knows when the baby girl asks for something mom takes a backseat. Oh well.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha ha! the power of being a little girl! I am so proud of Allie realizing this. And I definitely can't see Garrett saying no to a go-cart!
What fun to have a go cart. I can't wait to see it finished. That club house stood in the corner of our yard for 20 years.....until we had to take it down for safety reasons. Dad is still putty in the hands of his daughters and granddaughters.
If that is the case I think Brent was the Vice President of just about every childhood club...and a few grown up ones too. :) That is including some of Ryan's.
What a blessing to have such a handy man around the house. I know it has been great to have so many projects we have done ourselves, esp. now that the kids are starting to concoct their own ideas of things to build. What a great go-cart! I think Allie is onto something with this. Isn't it great to be the baby girl?
Hmmm I think that I am going to start having Gwen ask James to do things. Maybe that will be a great way to get what I want, and make him feel like he is just doing what his baby girl wants. Yes, this has been a great post for me. I think that I will start making plans for Gwen now.
Jenn I think you need a go cart too...it could be a family thing. Race around on homemade go carts. Yours should be pink with a convertible top. -Kay Dee
Can't wait to see the finished product!
Post a Comment