Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Goal


I had the brilliant idea to get a door and use it for my headboard (I have been looking for a headboard but too expensive) so we went searching. I found one at Lowe's and ordered it. Then when it came, it looked like they had pulled it behind a truck. It had holes in it, it was dirty and scratched up. They immediately told me they would take care of it and reorder. So I waited longer and finally called just to find out they hadn't bothered to reorder. I was furious! They of course offered to order it again but I told them they had messed it up twice did they think I was stupid enough to go through them again?! I did feel a little better after that but ended up ordering from 84 lumber, and they did a great job, quick and it was protected so it came to me in perfect shape. This is the picture of the test run and we tried to decide how high to put it. I think it looks great.

I just read a talk about what you should be doing on Sunday to keep the sabbath and decided as my blog is my journal of sorts I would try and blog every Sunday of our weekly events. I don't know how long I can keep it up but I'm going to give it my best. The girl pictures are just little glimpse into our Sundays without the sound (so much more peaceful I think) I just thought they were cute.

2 comments:

Syl said...

what a great idea! the headboard looks really nice. I love the picture of your girls getting ready for Sunday!

Becky said...

That is a brilliant idea! I really like it!