



Well this week, as you can tell by the smallest pictures in the world (sorry done by phone that had a headache) continues our adventures in gluten-free land. You may ask what do really small pictures have to do with gluten-free??? Sit back and imagine wavy lines...it all started when...just kidding. We have started working out some of our day to day living and things were actually going better. Garrett was feeling better, I had a new list of 4 things I could cook and were gluten-free so we got cocky. Garrett's work party was this weekend. It was a party that was catered by a place that swore they were gluten-free so Garrett ate and now Garrett has been paying for the rest of the weekend. But I get ahead of myself, Amarillo has a amusement park on the lines of Lagoon (for those of you in or from Utah) and part of the company party was tickets for this amusement park. It was perfect. Just enough people that there was somebody to attack on the bumper cars but not enough we had to wait in line for anything. Things were going well, we were dragging kids from place to place with the same scene over and over. They would complain the whole time then after tell us they loved it! When we came to the end and of course the kids wanted to go on the last ride. It was a ride that went around and around on a track and up and down like a worm faster and faster and everyone gets thrown to the outside of the seat. Well Max says "Mom I want to ride with you" so we get in and then after the bar has come down and it starts do I see the sign that says make sure the smaller person is on the inside. Panic shots through me and the realization that Max may not live through this if my 250's is pressed against his 40. I grabbed the bar at the other end and held on for life knowing if I let go or relaxed in any way Max was in trouble. It pulled my arm out of the socket and I couldn't use my hand the rest of the day but I did not squish him like a bug. I'm still not sure (Garrett expressed amazement also he was right behind us) how I did it but I officially had a superhuman experience. Do I feel special or what.
Now I have been asked a few questions about Celiac so I thought I would just answer here for anyone else who wants to know. Apparently it is Hereditary or you can carry the gene and never know it and then stress or life change can cause it to come to the front which is what happen to Garrett. It also means the kids are more likely to have it also. In fact Liesel has had a rash on her tushy since she was an infant and when this came out we decided we would all go gluten-free in the house and since then Liesel's rash has cleared up. So there you have it, pretty much everything I know about Celiac.
On a different note I have been a little worn down with trying to recreate everything I know and keep gluten out of our diet and being really, really ready for kids to go back to school (only 4 weeks left, anyone else counting down?) and a lovely friend took me to a sewing group where I got to do something for me. Not only did she introduce me to the sewing group but she spent all day cutting out my quilt so I would have something to sew. (I'm afraid being unable to use a ruler means I can't cut out the fabric I have had for 6 months) It was great and I felt so much better. That was a true friend, she taught me to make gluten-free bread, cut out my quilt and then spent hours sewing next to me, bonus friend points to her!! Until next week.
2 comments:
I enjoyed your posting and I am glad Max is still here in this world because of Super Mom Jen! sure sorry to hear that Rudy's isn't gluten free. I hope Garrett is all right soon!
love,
Mom
Yeah, I read online people's reviews of "Gluten-free" restaurants when we were doing the diet. Almost all still made people sick.
Post a Comment