Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Bittersweet
Today Allie casually mentioned she was going to write a letter to her bully. I was walking down the hall at the time and did a complete turn around. I asked "You have a a bully?!?" She said yes like it was nothing. I said you need to talk to your teacher as soon as you see her. Allie looked at me like I was crazy and said "I was already going to do that". I finally pulled her down on my lap and asked what was going on. Everyday I ask, and ask what has happened at school and I get hours of every detail but a BULLY didn't make into the retelling? Apparently a new girl has ruined her recess at least 3 times I won't go into detail but Allie finally decided she had had enough. I asked why she didn't tell me and the answer "I just forgot" came up. Then I said we need to know about these things, Mom and Dad's can always help if they know and then she floored me with, I already prayed about it and Heavenly Father said to write a letter. On one hand part of me is rejoicing that she thought to pray and got an answer and on the other I really wish she had chosen to tell ALL of her parents. I can't tell if my problem is I'm feeling slighted or not. I pray everyday that Heavenly Father will help her throughout the day and protect her (because obviously I don't know what will happen while she is away from me) and I have spent years telling her she can ask Heavenly Father anything and he will help her...I just didn't think I was going to be taken out of the loop so soon. I'm feeling a little sad and unneeded. How sad is that?? Because you know it's all about me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
and here I thought it was all about me! what a wake up call! It is diffiuclt when they start to pull away and have a life that doesn't include you. Rejoice you taught her well about relying on Heavenly Father.
xxxoooo
Well, you may be out of the picture, but you definitely taught her well how to get along without mom and dad! That is so awesome that she prayed for herself and got an answer. Hopefully she will tell you how the letter works out.
You will never be out of the picture! Are you kidding a girl always needs her Mom. This story made me tear up though, what a beautiful little spirit she is. I love Allie and a Heavenly Father that hears all prayers....Love you Jenn! oxoxo
The above was me Kay Dee btw ;)
Post a Comment