Friday, April 24, 2009

Eeuu saga cont.







EVERYday Max goes out and looks for baby eeuu's (snails) and everyday spends all day watching or messing with eeuu's but his patience paid off. He finally found a baby eeuu that would come out of his shell on his hand! I wish I could say I had seen him that excited about something we gave him but...no, only for snails does he get this excited. Then he decided he was going to keep this special eeuu in an Easter egg and called his egg...wait for it...eeuu egg! When he brought me the egg I thought it was just a gross egg but no it has an eeuu in it. It took a good 5 min. (a lifetime for Max) of talking to convince him that the eeuu wanted food and he should let him go in the grass. So I caught him walking to his room with the egg in his hand and made him open it up to find, yep a baby eeuu with a leaf in it.

Then more talking about how it was going to miss his mommy and daddy and I finally got him to put it in the grass. Later he came back to show us that not only had he found his eeuu again but it had a hole in the shell and one eye poking through the whole, probably looking to see if the coast was clear. I'm sorry to say it wasn't.

8 comments:

Ghkk said...

Haha, I love the eeuu stories! I can't wait to hear about baby eeuu from Max himself. Btw, we are coming down this weekend.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! -Kay Dee

Becky said...

That is awesome! Making friends with the small creatures is the way to go.

Caralee (CJ) Waddell said...

Boys are seriously gross and hilarious all at once. I love the Saga and please keep us updated!

Syl said...

I laughed and laughed! He beats Becky pet ants!!!

Larry said...

all that i have to say is "EEEUUUU!!!!!"
why dont you teach max how to take care of his pets by feeding them breakfast lunch or even dinner
I think they would enjoy salt the best!!!!

Anonymous said...

How does he feel about snakes and puppy dog tails?

Ryan

Lonna said...

That is a pretty big snail, I mean eeuu. I think that is really funny that he is so excited and engaged by the eeuu's and the eeuu's egg.

That is one way to make friends. He is getting so big, I love seeing all the things that he gets into. Classic boy.