Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Strange Moment
I had a moment a couple of days ago. Jodie had all my kids, Garrett was a work and I was asleep taking a nap. When I awoke for just a fraction of sec. I couldn't remember where I was and I was transported back in time 6 years when I lived alone in the Ghetto. For just a moment I wasn't married, I didn't have children and for all my complaining about things I was devastated before I realized I was still in my bedroom now not then. It made me appreciate every irritating moment that I have now. Occasionally I will think back longingly of the past and remember when nobody called me "Mom", when I ate, said, slept without considering anyone else. But after my scare I realize I wouldn't trade this time for anything. For every moment when I would like to kill the next child that comes up and whines "Mom" there is a little boy that gives me a special rock that he found and knows I will love. For every high pitched squeal and scream that tears through my house there is a little girl that asks what my favorite color is and replies "That's mine too!" The constant mess, complaining "I don't like that" are outweighed when another little girls tells me, "I know why we had a bad day! We forgot to pray to be like Jesus this morning." My sanity may be gone by the time my children grow up enough to not like hanging with Mom anymore but when it happens I will cry like a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
A wise woman pauses to count her blessing! I have always thought you were wise!
I am glad you got to have an appreciative moment so you don't go crazy.
Jen, I couldn't agree with you more. It is total insanity having small kids, but so worth every moment of it. They grow up way too fast, and we'll look back at these moments as precious treasures (if we survive them :)
That one made me tear up!!! Beautiful. Love you! -Kay Dee
I too wanted to cry while reading this, because it is so true. Not that my kids are saying super cute things like yours are, but I do love the tender little hugs and kisses goodnight, and even the sad cries after a crash and burn fall, because that means that they want a cuddle from mom for even just a second.
I am glad that you wouldn't trade any of it, I wouldn't either. Thanks for making me think about the blessings that I have.
Post a Comment