Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten!!!







We made it though the first day of Kindergarten! It almost killed me. Up until Friday the school had given us NO information which is OK if you have done this before but for a newbie this meant I was a wreak. That school has a bigger hush policy than the CIA, no information would pass their lips. So on Fri. Jodie took Allie over to the school to drop in on her teacher and give her a book Allie had made of herself and things she liked. Allie came back really excited and ready to go to school. She was ready I was not. I say I loosely, Garrett was as bad as me. He left work early so he could walk her to school also. (Did I mention Allie is going to the school down the street? Or as Allie says if we stand on the lawn during recess we can see her play.) The good part was the teacher greeted her like an old friend and it was obvious there were many other parents like us that had no idea what was going on. Here's to ignorance! Allie came back excited, I didn't embarrass anyone by bursting into tears and she even wants to go back! I don't know what I'm going to do when the next one goes next year...I just put in the reading picture because I thought it was cute.

5 comments:

Lonna said...

You are so brave. I know that I am going to be a blubbering idiot when Gwen has to go to school. I get totally freaked out about it just thinking that she will not be around us all day, even now I am feeling like we should move back to a place that has half day kindergarten.

Congrats! You are a survivor, and you made it.

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute! I am proud of you for not crying...she is such a long way from home ;) I also really like the picture of Garrett reading to the kids, you are so blessed. LOVE YOU!!! -Kay Dee

Becky said...

Wow! First day of School! That is momentous. She is so smart, she is going to jump to 3rd grade! (Just kidding Jen, calm down). I have to say, I would be a wreck too not knowing what was going on. There is nothing worse than something new and scary and having no way to prepare for it!

Syl said...

Congratulations Allie!!! and Jen and Garrett for surviving the day. She is so cute in her first day of school picture!

Anonymous said...

Wow! They grow up fast, huh? I'm glad you were strong. Allie looks happy!

Tomorrow Piper starts 1st grade! I can handle a short half day of Kindergarten. It's gets me more when they start full day. We just got back in town tonight. This afternoon Piper was trying to reach the water and the soap in the gas station bathroom and I thought, "She's too little to go all day." Even though I had never had that thought before, and she did awesome last year.