Tuesday, August 4, 2009

SSSHHHHHHH!!!

Shhhhh! Come closer we started potty training Max. A Miracle (knock on wood) has occurred. He's done! When we ran out of diapers we decided to commit ourselves and bought pull-ups or pantie diapers as they are called in our house. We filled up the candy jar and I must say in a Genius moment Garrett suggested we let all the kids have candy when Max goes potty. Let me tell you, everyone wants him to succeed. In 15 days he had 4 accidents, only 1 of those requiring me to do anything. After that he not only used the bathroom but he was dry through nap time and bedtime. We did have a small set back in that he decided he didn't want to be a big boy for awhile but we are back. I should have known special books that we only read on the potty would turn the trick. I know way more detail than you wanted but anyone who is potty training understands one the miracle of it all and the sheer excitement of this event. This was my last diaper changing and I'm done!

4 comments:

melanie said...

congrats Jen! We are also in the throws of the potty training, and let me tell you your story is very nice! I am quite jealous! It is a great feeling to be done with diapers and also for the no more kids going into those diapers is a pretty good feeling alone. Miss you guys.

Becky said...

whoa!! That is amazing and sooooo nice. That is an awesome suggestion Garrett made. You will have to remind me of that one when I have several kids.

Syl said...

Congratulations!!! Way to go Max! I told you boys were easier to potty train!

Leslie said...

Congrats Jen (and Max)! Wow you start them early...Um, can I send Liv over? I am laughing at the other kids getting candy idea! What a brilliant husband you have. No more diapers, yes I would say it's a Christmas miracle in August.